Sunday, April 22, 2012
- Shoulder of Lamb
- Garlic cloves
- 6 small potatoes
- 4 Shallots / small onions
- 3 Parsnips
- Olive oil
- 1/5 cup of water
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut 5 x 1cm deep lines across the shoulder and place garlic cloves in the indents
2. Sprinkle rosemary over lamb, then generously drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place in fridge to marinate for at least 12 hours.
4. Cut potatoes and onions into quarters
5. Halve parsnips and place on heavy based baking dish
6. Sit lamb (at room temperature) onto parsnips. Then place other vegetable around lamb
7. Season vegetables and lamb with salt and pepper. Drizzle again with olive oil.
8. Poor the 1/5 cup water into pan.
9. Place dish covered with foil in 170 degree oven for 1.5 hours
10. Remove foil. Turn oven to 200 degrees and baste lamb with liquid on bottom of dish.
11. Cook for another 20-30mins.
Let lamb rest for 10mins before serving.
Posted by soberman at 8:49 AM